Tuesday, October 18, 2016

New Paintings Featuring Spell Cats

It's been a crazy summer year and I'm afraid that I've neglected my blog here too long. So I will be refocusing on writing and sharing here in the future. To start with I wanted to share some new paintings that I've been working on for Inktober! Inktober is a fun game for artists who do a daily drawing using ink...while I haven't been able to participate everyday, I have been able to work on some of my cat character designs.


Each of the original works are created using Holbein Acryla Gouache, India Ink, and pen on tan Rives BFK paper. I love exploring themes of autumn and see these cats as heralds of the fall season. Bring a change of weather, new seasonal foods and festivities.






I will be listing these 5 new original drawings in my Etsy shop around 1PM (PST) today. 

I currently have a variety of items currently in my Etsy shop like postcards, coin pouches, prints, bookmarks and more! If you like to see process photos...I post daily at instagram (under username "Nimasprout") and you can easily follow my work there too :)

No comments: